Disclaimer: This draft was 5 months old when I picked it back up today, but it is funny to go back and take a look at my 2016 and 2017 goals, ha!
I’m all about goals. At the end of 2016, I randomly discovered and instantly bought Lara Casey’s Powersheets, which has turned out to be a really great way for me to be intentional about setting my goals, checking in on them on a daily basis, and reminding myself that it’s about “progress not perfection,” as Lara Casey always says.
Now, I find that setting fitness goals tend to be the easiest for me, because they are easy to measure and take steps towards achieving. For example, if you wanted to get one strict pull up, you could start by taking measurable steps towards getting one, rather than a lofty goal of “be a better friend.” The goals below are mostly fitness related. By end of 2016, here were the goals I wanted to accomplish:
- Get 30 consecutive double unders. –> didn’t accomplish this in 2016, but as of March 4, 2017 I got my 30 consecutive double unders!
- Do 8 strict pull ups in a row. –> Can do 5, so tabling this to 2017. 🙂
- String together 3 kipping pull ups. –> YES! Not sure if happened in 2016 or 2017, but I’m not going to sweat it, because I can do these, yay!
- String together 10 toes to bar. –> Haven’t worked on these, but I can string at least 5!
Here are my long fitness term goals for 2017:
- Consistently do double unders in a WOD. My goal for March is to do 30 consecutive double unders, which I got on 3/4/2017, so now my new March goal is to do 40. 🙂
- String together 20 kipping pull ups in a WOD.
- Handstand walk the distance from the rigs to the wall (5 mats). So far, I have been able to walk the length of 3 mats.
- Get a bar muscle up. This may be a stretch, but baby steps! Maybe for the Crossfit Open in 2018. 😉
- Do the 3 WODs RX in the Crossfit Open. I’ve RX’d one so far (17.1), so I have 2 more options!
- String together 20 toes to bar.
- Get 5 handstand push ups.
I have many other goals, including no social media past 7:30 pm, stretching before bed, and eating gluten and dairy free, because those do not make me feel well! Maybe, I’ll post something about March goals, but if not, then April, yay!
Go get after your goals!